Nocton is based in the historic city of Lincoln at the heart of Lincolnshire. The Barn being just a stones throw away from restaurants, local pubs, corner shops & historic monuments. It is the perfect retreat for the avid historian or even just someone looking for some peace and quiet. The Barn has both.
What We Suggest.
- Only seven miles south of the vibrant and historic city of Lincoln with its restaurants, pubs, university, cafes and shopping . Lincoln high street continues up the historic "Steep Hill" to the beautiful "Cathedral Quarter" and "The Bail".
- Lincoln boasts one of Europe's finest Cathedrals which dominates the city skyline. Across a medieval cobbled square discover a world of rich history at Lincoln Castle, home to one of only four surviving copies of the Magna Carta and Victorian Prison.
- Use us as your base to visit the rolling chalk hills and wooded valleys of the Lincolnshire Wolds where in May there is the annual walking festival from where you could carry on to our Lincolnshire coastline.
- With its rich aviation history Lincolnshire is home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, including the Lancaster Bomber and Red Arrows.
- With its many golf courses Lincolnshire also hosts the Lincolnshire (Agricultural) Show, Scampton Airshow, Belton International Horse Trials, Cadwell Park Motor Racing and one of the largest Christmas Markets in Europe.
- Lovely walks through woods and across fields.
Food & Pubs
There are a wide variety of pubs and restaurants strewn across Lincolnshire. From fine dining, to a good old pub lunch, it has it all.
From rooftop bars to local pubs, Italian dining to proper fish & chips. We have it all at just a 15 minute drive away.
Lincoln City Centre is bustling with independent businesses, takeaway's, fashion shops and all your up market chain brands such as, M&S, TopShop, Pandora, Boots, Lush and much more.